Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer and melanoma in the world. A full skin check is essential for early detection and treatment of skin cancers. There are many types of skin lesions, many are benign (non-harmful), but a specialist dermatologist can advise if any require removal or if you may have an increase risk of developing skin cancer in the future.
Tips for looking after your skin
- always wear suncream on your face, neck and other exposed sites
- ultraviolet sun light is present in the atmosphere all year round, so don't stop being sun safe just because it's cold outside
- do regular self checks of your own skin, have a friend or family member check your back
- moles or spots on your skin that have changed size, colour or shape are the ones to watch
- see your doctor if you feel that your moles have changed